Re: neomutt on Bullseye not retaining multipart/alternative MIME on forward

On 06/01/21 08:41PM, Nate Bargmann wrote:
Last month I upgraded this desktop from Buster to Bullseye.  It was a
fresh installation since something went wrong on that particular day
with 'apt dist-upgrade'.  Oh well.

Anyway, with the current neoumtt package whenever I forward an email
that is MIME encoded and has an HTML attachment wrapped in a
multipart/alternative MIME block, the HTML attachment is dropped.  The
message I am forwarding is to a local hobbyist mailing list and I was
notified by one of the list members a few weeks back that he could not
open the HTML mail as usual and my investigation has revealed the
problem began with the newest version of neomutt.  My ~/.mutt/muttrc is
unchanged since March 27, 2020 and this feature had worked without issue
for years until the upgrade to the neomutt version in Bullseye.

For anyone following along this was fixed in the latest neomutt release 20210205 [1]

[1] - https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/releases/tag/20210205

--
darb <mlist@darb.xyz>