Re: debian stable kernel not updating on one machine

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 04:13:36PM -0700, D. R. Evans wrote:
> I see that synaptic lists 4.19.0-14-amd64 as being available in
> the repository; and, indeed, on another machine I updated earlier
> in the day the kernel was updated from -13 to -14.
>
> How might I be able to diagnose why the files relating to the -14 kernel are
> not selected when I hit synaptic's "Mark All Upgrades" button?

I don't know about synaptic as I don't use it. What does:

$ dpkg -l | grep linux-image

say?

Perhaps you do not have the virtual package "linux-image-amd64" for
some reason. That package depends upon the latest actual kernel
package, so causes you to see upgrades.

Cheers,
Andy