Re: If some package have serious bug and fixed on unstable and testing release, how long it will be available on stable release?

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 05:08:50AM +0000, Robbi Nespu wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 07:55:30 -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > So, your Subject as received by me, after I un-mangle it, reads something
> > like this:
> >
> >  If some package have serious bug and fixed on
> >  unstable and testing release, how long it will be available on stable
> >  release?
> Yes, this is the email title. Sorry for long title.
>
> > The answer to this question is: however long it takes for the current
> > testing to become stable.
> If wait the current testing become stable and the current stable become
> old-stable. It will take very longer and the serious exploit wont be fix, if
> I take your sentence.

Stop.

You keep changing your words, and the words are extremely important here.

Originally you said "serious bug", and those may be fixed in a released
stable version, or they may not.  Most bugs are not fixed.  Some are.
I do not know where the Debian developers draw the line.

But all of a sudden now you are sayhing "serious exploit".

Security bugs DO get fixed.

Your change of wording has completely changed the question and therefore
the answer.