debian-user list info and guidelines (FAQ) - posted monthly
debian-user is a mailing list provided for support for Debian users,
and to facilitate discussion on relevant topics.
Some guidelines which may help explain how the list works:
* The language on this mailing list is English. There may be other mailing
lists that are language-specific for example debian-user-french
* It is common for users to be redirected here from other lists - for example,
from debian-project. It is also common for people to be posting here when
English is not their primary language. Please be considerate.
* The list is a Debian communication forum. As such, it is subject to both
the Debian mailing list Code of Conduct and the main Debian Code of Conduct
* This is a fairly busy mailing list and you may have to wait for an
answer - please be patient. Please post answers back to the list so
others can benefit; private conversations don't benefit people who
may be following along on the list or reading the archives later.
* Help and advice on this list is provided by volunteers in their own time.
It is common for there to be different opinions or answers provided.
* Please try to stay on topic. Arguments for the sake of it are not
welcome here. Partisan political / religious / cultural arguments
do not belong here either. Debian's community is world wide; don't
assume others will agree with your views or need to read them on a
Complaints about inappropriate behaviour should be referred to the
Debian Community Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Inappropriate behaviour on the list may lead to warnings; repeated bad
behaviour may lead to temporary or permanent bans for offenders.