Re: Sudo ... use or delete?

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 06:34:34AM -0800, Peter Ehlert wrote:
> I don't use sudo

Then it shouldn't be installed.  Unless it was brought in as an optional
dependency by some Desktop Environment.

> The systems I use and the systems I setup for others never have sudo users
> setup ... unneeded.
>

> Should I delete the sudo package? Would that cause some internal conflicts?
> they all have Debian Mate desktops... if that makes any difference, I think
> not.

If you try to delete it, apt will tell you what else must be deleted
in order to preserve dependencies.  If you can live with whatever
deletions are required, then go ahead and delete it.