Re: AMD GPU + HDMI + vlc = lockup

Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> writes:

> Kamil Jo?ca wrote:
>>
>> There is desktop box with sid.
>>
>> sudo lspci|grep -i vga
>> 08:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series]
>>
>> So far I have monitor connected via DVI
>>
>> Recently I connected monitor via hdmi output (instead old one)
>> And strange things starts happend.
>> When I tried to play movie with vlc there were hand for few seconds and
>> then monitor "resets", and there were only black rectanle - have to
>> reopen movie.

>> this is quite reproductible. Can I make anything about it?
>> When I back to DVI monitor everthing work without errors.
>
> Is it on every movie or just this one?

Sorry, I think I described it wrongly.
It is rather connected to start vlc not to play movie as such.

IE. if I have some movies on playlist then after start vlc I got GPU
hangup (as described) and then I can play any movie from  the list
without problems.

Moreover mplayer also plays these movies without any troubles and
hangups.

KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html