Re: URL to source file

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 10:21:29AM +0100, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Hello, how can I get a hyperlink to a particular file in
> a pack?

You mean... a Debian package?

> e.g., definitions.units of the units pack, i.e.
> units-2.21/definitions.units ? TIA

If I understood you correctly, there are several ways to skin
that cat. Here's one:

Start at sources.debian.org:

  https://sources.debian.org/src/units/

then, decide on version (I'm going with Buster, aka stable):

  https://sources.debian.org/src/units/2.18-1/

(perhaps that's the 2.21 in your request up there?).

Then, there it is:

  https://sources.debian.org/src/units/2.18-1/definitions.units/

Leave out the trailing slash if you want to get the raw file.

I don't know whether there is an automatic way to get at that
stuff (short of installing the package and asking `apt-file'
where that file is).

But sources.debian.org rocks (try its search engine, reachable
from the top):

  https://sources.debian.org/

Cheers
 - t