Re: Raid 1

On Du, 24 ian 21, 17:50:06, Andy Smith wrote:

> Once it's up and running you can then go and create a second
> partition that spans the rest of each disk, and then when you are
> ready to create your zfs pool:
>
> > "zpool create tank mirror disk1 disk2"
>
> # zpool create tank mirror /dev/disk/by-id/ata-DISK1MODEL-SERIAL-part2 /dev/disk/by-id/ata-DISK2MODEL-SERIAL-part2
>
> The DISK1MODEL-SERIAL bits will be different for you based on what
> the model and serial numbers are of your disks. Point is it's a pair
> of devices that are partition 2 of each disk.

At this point I'd recommend to use GPT partition labels instead (not to
be confused with file system labels). Assuming labels datapart1 and
datapart2 the create becomes:

    # zpool create tank mirror /dev/disk/by-partlabel/datapart1 /dev/disk/by-partlabel/datapart2

Now the output of 'zpool status' and all other commands will show the
human-friendly labels instead of the device ID.

Kind regards,
Andrei