Re: command to build a Debian package

On 1/22/21 1:53 PM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
I'm surprised to see on

   https://wiki.debian.org/SimpleBackportCreation

that the recommended command to build a Debian package is
dpkg-buildpackage. I had problems with it in the past as it
doesn't clean up the environment (and some packages are very
sensitive to some environment variables), and AFAIK, debuild
(which I now use) is usually recommended, or even pdebuild.

Has anything changed?

Look on the URL, it is the SimpleBackport.
Ideally you should use a clean chroot.
But any tool resulting in a .deb package is fine.
There are different ways to build a package for sure.

Best,
Alex