pulseaudio-dlna expected behaviour

Hello, I have a very general question about what is supposed to happen with audio routing, I'm not sure what I am doing is right and I'd like to rule out the person behind the keyboard before I start on debugging the setup.

I am running debian stable with pulseaudio-dlna installed.

The widget in kde brings it up in the audio volume as running.

On the network I have a onkyo receiver and also a vero 4k+ with osmc on it. They both get detected by pulse audio as audio sinks? and are listed under the speakers.

When I tick them as where I want the audio to play, nothing happens.

My question is, is something supposed to happen? Does sound just play out of them without being put into some kind of receive mode? I can't find any settings that say "play music you get streamed to you across the network". I can't find anything in either of their menus about being an audio renderer, but if they are not, why would pulseaudio detect them?

I've seen threads in Ubuntu about upgrading or compiling your own pulseaudio-dlna, before I go that route I'd like to know if I doing it wrong or right so far.

Thanks

--
where ever you go, there you are