Re: Looking for help with locale configuration

On 2021-01-14 20:06, Rasmus MK wrote:
Hi list,

I'm looking for help in understanding how locales work and how to configure my
system running Debian Testing.

During the Debian installation (graphical) I configured my locale to be
"en_SE.UTF-8".
Recently a python script crashed with the error message "unsupported locale
setting" after trying to set LC_ALL to an empty string and I cannot get it to
work with the en_SE.UTF-8 locale.

I use KDE. If I look in Settings -> Regional Settings -> Format it says
en_SE.UTF-8 (no adjustments).

Please, be aware that KDE uses Qt for its locale settings. This does *not* correspond with the "plain" locale setting of your system outside of KDE, hence the differences.

Grx HdV