Re: Can't connect to workstation using ssh from a remote machine

On 2021-01-13 20:20, Dan Ritter wrote:
Gary Dale wrote:
On 2021-01-13 15:48, Dan Ritter wrote:
>From server:
$ ping -c3 workstation
$ telnet workstation 22

-dsr-

I can get to the server from workstation using ssh. I just can't do it in
the other direction. On server, I can ping workstation but:
$ telnet workstation  22
Trying 192.168.1.20...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out

. workstation is not running sshd
     ps auwx|grep ssh
It's running

. workstation is not running sshd on port 22
     ss -tlnp|grep 22
On port 22
. workstation's DNS is wrong/ that's not the right IP
. firewall or other packet filtering on one or the other or in
   between

-dsr-
The name resolution is correct. Server has a static IP while Workstation has a DHCP reservation - just redid it a week ago after installing a new MB. There are are two network switches between them (the router that handles dhcp is plugged into one of the switches as well).