Re: RDP

Am Sonntag, 3. Januar 2021, 13:51:55 CET schrieb Pòl Hallen:

Hi,

Debian will be fine if using a leightweight window manager. I am running
Debian on my EEEPC 1001, which has a 1,66 GHz CPU, 2GB RAM and a 240GB SSD.

Note: The SSD does not increase speed, but uses lower power consumption and is
better fit against mechanical disturbance.

Also note, that my SSD is encrypted, which is slowing down the performance I
won with using a SSD drive. However, it is still fast enough for my daily
work, it is just starting slow (1-2 minutes until the window manager is up).

I had best performance with LXDE, but also plasma5 is running usable (in
plasma5 the screen ios sometimes a little bit flickering, when hoovering with
the mouse).

For VNC and RDP , remmina is also my choice, it is really faster than vncview
or tightvnc (tried others, too)

The EEEPC is also well usable, when running livesystems from the sd card or
usb-stick. SD-Card is preferred, because no one can break it accidently. And
it is a little bit faster.

I have a multiboot-sd card with several livesystems on it (about 20, smaller
and bigger ones) , just as Trinity-Rescue-Kit, KALI-Linux (32-bit with LXDE),
Knoppix, Gparted, Falcon4, Kon-Boot, Windows-Rescue, Systemrescue and a lot
more (all together fit on a 16 GB SD-card).

Hope this helps a little bit.

Have a happy new year and best regards

Hans