Re: Emergency mode when root account locked

On 04.12.20 13:00, deandre wrote:
Hi

My problem is when I try to boot up deepin(Debian 10 buster) I get the message “cannot open access to console, the root account is locked See sulogin(8) man for more details” and after I press Enter it continues to give me the same message, at this point I’m not really sure what to do.

If the root account login is deactivated, then the rescue console (rescue.target or emergency.target) usually cannot be entered. However, in the grub menu it can still be forced the launch o a shell as root, even if the root account was deactivated, by adding the following boot parameter:

init=/sbin/sulogin --force

Best wishes,
Marco.