Re: Installation instructions.

On 2020-12-01 5:50 p.m., peter@easthope.ca wrote:
....but the CD image is not found.

Peter,

Can you please confirm if you are/are not trying to boot the ISO image from a USB stick?

If you _are_ you are may be running into the same head-banging situation I was having the past week.  It was a combination of flakey motherboard BIOS configuration and one kernel commandline parameter ("iommu=soft") that needed to be specified to deal with the flakey m/b.

Until I configured the m/b to process Legacy first (before UEFI), disabled IOMMU, selected the UEFI instance of the USB stick and specified the above kernel parameter by editing the GRUB configuration, I could not get _two_ different Gigabyte motherboards to find the USB stick as a CDROM. On one of them I had to go into the BIOS to explicitly specify "USB Mass Storage" as "CDROM", in addition to the above. Both m/b's are using an AMI BIOS.

--
Regards,

John Boxall