Re: Please be respectful

On 10/15/2020 9:20 AM, Felmon Davis wrote:
On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, grumpy@mailfence.com wrote:

Reading this thread reinforces just how old I am
The whole world seems to be wearing their feelings on the sleeve

I doubt it's age-related; many feel under threat for various reasons though maybe we don't always pick apt targets or choose apt remedies.

Perhaps or perhaps not. Certainly it has become popular to consider emotions and unsupported opinions to be important. This thread would seem to be evidence of that.

A couple of decades ago I had to have spinal surgery to try to eliminate paralysis and possibly even save my life. My personal physician was recommending several surgeons. At the top of her list was a surgeon of high qualifications. She said, "He does not always have the best bedside manner." What the @#%$ would I care what his bedside manner was? I did not want him to be my best friend. I wanted him to take a very sharp knife and cut deep into my throat without killing me. How he made me feel was completely irrelevant. What he thought of me as a person was completely irrelevant.