Encrypting boot partition in guest results in boot failure libvirt qemu-kvm

Debians,

I'm using libvirt with qemu-kvm to install Debian Buster VM with
encrypted lvm.
The installation and booting the guest works fine.

Now I would like to encrypt the boot partition,, I can succesfully
encrypt the boot partition.
As soon as I restart the guest, I can no longer access the guest as it
will not boot at all.

Doing this process on an other host but directly invoking qemu works
flowlessly.

Is there something that I need to change in the domain xml?

Obviously, I'm missing something, any input on what is welcome.

--
John Doe