Re: Trimming boundary of image in GIMP.

On Thu, 2020-10-08 at 12:43 -0700, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
>     From: Tixy <tixy@yxit.co.uk>
>     Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 08:37:33 +0100
> > I've attached screenshots of this...
>
> Same behaviour here until attempting to drag top downward.
>
> Open GIMP in debian 10,
> open a rectangular image,
> choose the selection tool (might not be necessary),
> Select > All,
> grab top boundary and drag downward, (top; not corner)

I guess I was doing different things, I'm select an area using the
Rectangle Select tool then changing it, but you are selecting an area
with Select All then trying to drag the boundary of that area. For me
the latter doesn't work, because clicking anywhere starts just starts
using whatever tool is currently selected tool, for me, there doesn't
seem to be a way to interact with the area Select All creates.

--
Tixy