Re: No updates in Debian 10 for last 5 days

On 2020-10-05 at 14:36, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Oct 2020 13:59:11 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
>
>> On 10/5/20 1:48 PM, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I'm not having any updates for my Debian Buster for last 5 days.
>>> Looks suspicious to me... Anybody has same experience?
>>
>> Why would it be suspicious?
>
> Just because I do not recall when it happened the last time not to
> have at least 1 package to be updated within 5/6 days. E.g. my
> dpkg.log for entire September shows updates ever 1-3 days.
>
> I am not alarmed, just surprised a little and being vigilant. :-) Or,
>  perhaps, slightly over vigilant?.. :-)))

What types of updates are you expecting? Security updates only, or...?

The debian-security-announce mailing list shows the last two updates as
being firefox-esr on the 28th and xen on the 2nd. If you don't happen to
have xen installed, you wouldn't have seen that one as an available
update.

I see gaps of as much as a week between the d-s-a notification mails
just since late August. A gap of five days doesn't seem terribly unusual
to me.

I suspect that there just haven't been that many packages getting
security-related or otherwise stable-update-eligible updates in this
time-frame.

--
   The Wanderer