Re: Some keys on the keyboard do not work

rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> Oh, one other thing I should mention -- on most keyboards (at least the ones
> I've cleaned) there are some metal pieces (essentially springs) under many of
> the larger (wider) keys.  I am pretty sure they are intended to allow pressing
> either end (or the center) of those long keys (e.g., the space bar).
>
> I am careful with those, also, to pay attention to how they are installed, and
> then to reinstall the same way, and also, during the reinstallation, I use a
> toothpick to put a little bit of vaseline on the pivot point (where they
> attach to the keyboard).

  yeah, there can be a bit of a challenge to figure out
some things.

  right now i have two keyboards i took apart to see if
i could fix them or combine them to get one working keyboard
but as it turns out there is some kind of pressure/ribbon
connection inside that i've screwed up and now both are shot
for sure.  too bad as i really liked them, but they could
not hold up to how i used them and broke (all plastic case
is too flexible and eventually the connections inside fail
if you use it unsupported propped across your lap).

  songbird