Re: local network capability scanner?

On Friday 07 February 2020 03:55:32 Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Vi, 07 feb 20, 03:12:08, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Which tells me its the poor prolonged write speeds of the ssd's that
> > are the main contributors to the slow big files problem.  Not much I
> > can do about that. It is what it is.
>
> If you're into testing you could try transferring to/from RAM (e.g. a
> tmpfs filesystem), different external storage, internal SD/eMMC, etc.
>
> Just use a big enough compressed file to get meaningful results.

That isn't too practical, the biggest tmpfs mount is less than useable.
its only a 2gig pi4. You can tell when its using swap, a make -j3 slows
down visibly when building a kernel, same with LinuxCNC when compiling
the rs274 interpretor for it. If I left it with only the 100 meg
swapfile, it will OOM and kill the compile. But with 10GB of swap, it
just keeps on trucking.

> Kind regards,
> Andrei

You too Andrei, thanks.