Re: How to debug hibernate

On Wed, 05 Feb 2020 19:47:35 +0100
kjonca@poczta.onet.pl (Kamil Jońca) wrote:

> Fresh installation of debian 10, immediately "upgraded" to sid.
>
> HIbernation does not work - after issuing "systemctl hibernate"
> computer hangs and nothing happens.
>
> Only hard reset helps.
> How can I check what is going on?

If you want suspend/hibernate to work reasonably well, stick to stable.
I gave up trying to fix suspend (I don't need hibernate) in sid years
ago. If I got it working, it didn't last more than a month.

By working, I mean not just waking up, but with working sound,
networking, USB, mounted drives etc. It seems to be a supremely
difficult task.

--
Joe