Re: Pluma's syntax highlighting

On 01/13/2020 06:13 AM, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jan 2020, at 11:52, Richard Owlett wrote:

I was looking for a description of what Pluma was trying to accomplish
by their highlighting rules.

Do you understand the purpose of syntax highlighting (in general)?

Yes. Its specific goal is to aid a programmer WHILE coding.
However, I'm trying to understand a vendor supplied bash script.
One reference explicitly said that Pluma associates a "sh" extension with the text being a bash script {matches my use case}.

[snip]
That apart, it would help enormously if you posted a screenshot of what
you're seeing, and some explanation of why you think the colouring is
wrong.

I have no reason to suspect there are errors in the code.
While initially working through the code, the chosen highlighting seemed consistent as how I interpreted the code.

There are cases where I would expect different keywords to have the same highlighting -- they didn't.

The implication is that Pluma's highlighting is attempting to convey information that I am not receiving.

Therefore I need to know what Pluma's goal was.

Thank you.