Re: Print Settings issue

On 2020-01-07, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:

>> Maybe he could create a fake lsb 3.2 package with equivs (I'd tell him
>> how, if I only knew how).
>
> I still think it's the wrong approach, and they should just figure
> out how to supply the PPD file directly to CUPS.  It's probably even
> *easy* to do.  For someone who knows printers/CUPS.

Apparently not that easy, as other elements supplemental to the bare PPD
are required for the printer to function.

My idea of an equivs LSB package is also rather deficient, as the
required libraries would still be missing (lsb.so...) which would
doubtless be a showstopper.

I've read that the Epson L375 driver contained in the
'printer-driver-escpr' package (available in the Debian repositories)
works with the OP's L355.

--
"J'ai pour me guérir du jugement des autres toute la distance qui me sépare de
moi." Antonin Artaud