Re: No GRUB with brand-new GPU

On 2020-12-26 at 23:01, David Wright wrote:

> On Sat 26 Dec 2020 at 17:19:32 (-0500), The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> I have for some years been running Debian with an older model of
>> AMD GPU (Radeon HD 6870) for graphics.
>>
>> I recently purchased a relatively recent model of GPU (Radeon RX
>> 5700 XT), and today swapped it in and attempted to boot with it.
>
>> Any suggestions for what to try?
>
> Did you take the old card out and then reboot and save the CMOS
> settings? Then put the new card in and ditto?

I'm not sure what exact sequence of actions you're suggesting.

AFAIK, this motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics, and if it does
I don't have a cable suitable to connect them to my monitor; I therefore
can't meaningfully boot (much less reboot), let alone get into the CMOS
to "save settings", after removing the old card and before putting in
the new.

I have gone into the CMOS, and (by chance) IIRC even made and saved a
change, after putting in the new card. It didn't help.

--
   The Wanderer