Re: transfer speed data

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 11:37:07PM +0800, Jeremy Ardley wrote:
I did some tests and found there was around a 10-20% difference in speed
between runs.

Yes, if you want more consistent numbers you'd need much larger test file sizes; if the transfer is taking less than a second there's a lot of noise in the data. I didn't bother because this is sufficient to show that the encryption algorithm isn't the bottleneck on 1 Gbit ethernet and I didn't feel like waiting longer for larger transfers. :-) You're also maxing out 2 cores just for crypto doing this, and the actual packet handling will take a bit more CPU--so if the system isn't completely idle other processes can affect the results. Again, not significant for a rough approximation.