Re: pinentry-{qt,gtk2,gnome3} stopped working pinentry-fltk works, why?

Le lundi 21 décembre 2020 à 00:30:05 UTC+1, Gregor Zattler a écrit :
> Dear fellow debian users, since yesterday pinentry-{qt,gtk2,gnome3}
> stopped working. When I want to decrypt some .gpg file, no dialog
> appears and gpg-agent times out. Luckily pinentry-curses and
> pinentry-fltk still do work.
>
> This is on a buster system with gpg* packages from backports,
> pinentry* packages from buster (since there are no backports).
>
> Any ideas how to re-enable pinentry-qt (which displays most
> info about the key in question)?
>

> Ciao, Gregor
> --

Hello,

It is not clear to me if pinentry-{qt,gtk2,gnome3} stopped working or if it is not called anymore as it was previously.
As a first step, I would  check what are the values of pinentry and pinentry-x11 alternatives keys (you may use upate-alternatives in a terminal or {g,k}alternatives as a GUI tool).