Cloud-init in Debian

Hi,
Does anyone have an example or tutorial for  using cloud-init with debian images. I'm currently trying to do terraform with kvm, but struggling as although terraform picks up the cloud-init, the fqdn and the ssh key isn't working. I'm trying to use this image https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/cloud/buster/20201214-484/debian-10-genericcloud-amd64-20201214-484.qcow2
I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct image or not?
A lot of the instructions online are for ubuntu or red hat.
Thanks
James