Re: Debian 10 64bit

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 01:05:26PM -0500, Jerry Mellon wrote:
> I installed the Debian 10 64bit from the disks(16) that I purchased. No
> down load from outside involved.

Now we get to wonder what you actually purchased, from whom.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 01:08:32PM -0500, Jerry Mellon wrote:
> Here is the sudoers contents.
>

> /etc/sudoers
>
> # User privilege specification
> root	ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
>
> # Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
> sudo	ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

That last line is incorrect, or at least does not match the comment
before it.  In order for it to do what the comment says, it would need
to begin with a % sign.

For the record, this is further evidence that you are not using a
pristine Debian system.  A pristine Debian system's sudoers file has
a lot more in it than this, even after correcting the missing % sign.