Firefox 78.5.0esr

Hi,

I have the feeling that Firefox ist deteriorating.

In 'Preferences' I have set FF to be the default browser. But whenever I open FF on a link in an e-mail  FF tells me that it is not set as default browser and asks me to make FF the default browser.

Having opened a link in an e-mail I can open another link in an e-mail only by copying that link, go to FF and  click on 'Paste & Go' in the address field.

Can this behavior be changed or is these features?

--

K.D.J.