Re: Guest Samba shares

On 12/11/2020 5:47 AM, Paul M Foster wrote:
On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 10:09:20PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Anything on a Raspberry Pi gets mounted in the /media/pi hierarchy
by default.

I'm pretty sure that it's not the case.  It's a matter of the OS you run
on your Pi, not the fact that it's a Raspberry Pi.

IIUC what you're saying is that you're not running plain Debian but some
other OS and that OS uses /media/pi by default mount things.

It's important to clarify those details here, because this is a Debian
mailing-list, so readers like me generally presume that you're using
Debian and not some other (presumably Debian-derivative) OS.

         Stefan

Oops. I sent the reply without the reply. Sorry.

The Raspberry Pi (the server in this case) runs a variant of Debian,
Raspberry Pi OS. Where the disc mounts is an incidental detail. Samba,
whether on Fedora, Arch or Debian, is configured more or less the same
way. Since I've been running Debian alone for the last 20 years, this
seemed to be the best place to ask the question.

For Samba question I would probably ask on the Samba mailing list! :)

--
John Doe