Re: Where to report: root fails to edit other users file in sticky bit directory

On Ma, 08 dec 20, 16:45:08, MichaIng wrote:

> Jep, based on the way the list mail address was shown on the Debian bug
> report page, I was actually hoping to reach official maintainers, but this
> seems to be more an end-user support list?

Yes, this is an end-user support list.

The idea is that you can get help in determining the correct (or at
least close enough) package to file a bug against (which is reaching the
package Maintainer(s) and all other persons interested in that package).

In any case, if you do end up filling a bug please use 'reportbug'. If
you will be filling a bug against the kernel make sure you are booted
with the same kernel in order to enable 'reportbug' to collect
information about it and your system.

Bugs should also be reported only from pristine Debian environments
(including the kernel) and preferably from bare metal systems (unless
the bug is related to running in a VM, of course).

Hope this explains,
Andrei