Re: SanDisk USB stick problem

On Tue, Dec 08, 2020 at 10:53:16AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I bought a SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB stick.  The fine print on the package
> > says it has SecureAccess software.  It is so secure it prevents me from
> > writing to it without running the included Bill Gates cancerous, virus
> > infested, scourge of the Earth software.
<snip>
> > Is there any way to disable or remove the SecureAccess software?

rm *    worked for me as root

> Others have suggested reformatting, but maybe a more constructive path
> forward is to return the bugger, complaining that it doesn't work.

Be sure they have a replacement before returning it.
I sent back 2 of their flash drives, different model, that were
running too hot to touch. They replaced 1 then said no more available
and that was a couple of months ago.

Be well,
Mike
--
Your talent is God's gift to you.
What you do with it is your gift back to God.