SanDisk USB stick problem

Hello,

I bought a SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB stick. The fine print on the package says it has SecureAccess software. It is so secure it prevents me from writing to it without running the included Bill Gates cancerous, virus infested, scourge of the Earth software.

fred@ragnok:/media/usb0$ ls -l
total 8416
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   16384 Jul  9  2018 SanDiskSecureAccess
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8600360 Nov  4  2016 SanDiskSecureAccessV3.01_win.exe
fred@ragnok:/media/usb0$

root@ragnok:/home/fred# chown fred /media/usb0
chown: changing ownership of '/media/usb0': Operation not permitted

Attempts to add write permission are also denied.

Is there any way to disable or remove the SecureAccess software?
Best regards,
Fred