Re: sad dns

Hi Roberto and Reco,

Thanks for the replies!

MJ

On 12/4/20 3:58 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 12:13:02PM +0100, mj wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering about the SAD DNS vulnerability, and wether or not it is
solved in up-to-date debian 10.6.

https://blog.kernelcare.com/vulnerability/kernelcare-patches-for-sad-dns-are-on-the-way

It says, bottom of the page, that fixes are scheduled to in week 48 for
debian and ubuntu.

However, I haven't seen any kernel updates.

Anyone with more information? (or pointers where to look for more
debian-specific info)

The Debian Security Tracker shows the status of the associated CVE in
Debian:

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2020-25705

Essentially, the fix is in testing/unstable but has yet to reach stable
and oldstable.

Regards,

-Roberto