Re: [Emc-users] buster warning

On Saturday 05 December 2020 09:18:06 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Saturday 05 December 2020 08:46:06 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I just updated my one wintel/buster install, on a D525-MW mobo in an
> > OAK box, which replaced the rt kernel with a new version of
> > 4.19.0-rt13 and when synaptic was done, issued a sudo reboot to
> > reboot to it...
> >
> > 10 minutes later it is still not pingable. I've not yet had a chance
> > to go check it physically as its up the hill in a separate building.
> >
> > But I thought you with uptodate buster installs might want to know
> > something could be wrong.
> >
> > I'll report more when I know more.
>
> When I got there and turned on the monitor, is was waiting for someone
> it knew to log in. So I logged in and checked the new linuxcnc, seemed
> to be ok. But arriving back in this chair, it has no network. CCing
> debian- user since I assume the new kernel came from there. So I'll go
> back and see whats wrong with the ifup's. More later.

I went went back up the hill and checked /e/n/interfaces, no change
there, supposed to be enps01, tried to restart it, failed, there is
no /dev/enps01. or /dev/net/enps01.  systemctl says the tun descriptor
in /dev/net "is in a bad state".

So I'm going back yet again to see if the grub menu still has the older
rt kernel.

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett