Re: Re: 780 files in /usr/share/zoneinfo/

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 01:20:39PM -0600, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	I just cd'd to that directory and it looks like there's
> about 1 GB there.

unicorn:~$ du -sh /usr/share/zoneinfo
3.5M	/usr/share/zoneinfo
unicorn:~$ find /usr/share/zoneinfo -type f | wc -l
780

Either something's wrong on your system -- in which case you should try
to figure out what it is -- or something's wrong with your interpretation
of what you're seeing.

(And yes, I know find | wc -l isn't an accurate way to count files if
their names are unrestricted.  Here I'm assuming there aren't a huge
number of filenames in /usr/share/zoneinfo/ with newlines.)