Re: The .xsession-errors problem

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020, 11:48 AM Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:
* 2020-11-01 11:09:50+01, Anders Andersson wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 5:43 PM Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:
>> From my backups I found an ~/.xsession-errors file of size 111
>> megabytes. Probably I deleted the file at that point and it started
>> grow again.
>
> Amateur. I found a 24 GB .xsession-errors once, on a 30 GB filesystem.
> 423 million lines.

That is some log file. One would probably want to introduce it to the
nice /dev/null device:

    ln -sf /dev/null ~/.xsession-errors

Graphical programs are sometimes really noisy when started from command
line. And there are various output lines related to dbus, kdeinit5 and
other fancy desktop stuff which nobody understands anymore.

Also, verify that Debug Mode is not set.  (I once did that with the Linux Kernel, years ago, and it filled up the Partition!)

Kenneth Parker