Re: working with mp3 files

On 2020-10-29 23:30, Nicolas George wrote:
mick crane (12020-10-29):
Is it correct that the concat works with the file but the demux streams it
first through audio device and records?

No, absolutely not. What on Earth could make you think that?!?

The concat demuxer works through each file, outputting packets in them
in order, while taking care of shifting the timestamps of the later
files according to the duration of the earlier. Nothing more.

I may be a little intoxicated so there may be irregularities in my posting but is it possible you could help me out understanding how a static file gets to be a stream ( of packets ) ?

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31