Re: getmail, getmail6, testing, unstable, python-is-python3

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 17:02:22 +0300
Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:

> 	Hi.
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 01:31:19PM +0000, mick crane wrote:
> > >   this was just a quick heads-up for those who are stuck
> > > on getmail like i am (and quite happy with it).  :)
> > >

> > as far as getmail goes maintainer thinks is an unnecessary panic.
> >
> > ""getmail goes out of official support by my distro" may be a theoretical
> > problem, or a philosophical one, but it it certainly is not a significant
> > practical problem.
>
> Indeed. Switch back to fetchmail, because the less you're depending on
> python and the software that uses it - the better ;)

Here's the getmail author's opinion of why getmail is preferable to
fetchmail:

http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/faq.html#faq-about-why

Doubtless opinionated, and certainly dated, but would you or anyone
else here care to comment?

Celejar