What's going on with snapd?

Recently I wanted to try out an open source game that was being distributed as a snap package, so I tried installing snapd. It apparently installed successfully, and I could apparently install snap packages, but I couldn't execute them. Long story short, I eventually made my way to bugs.debian.org and found that most of the issues I'd seen with snapd, had bugs filed against them.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?dist=unstable;package=snapd

However, as far as I can tell, most of these bugs have been filed two to three years ago, and no developer has responded to them. Meanwhile, the package has been updated a few times since then.

snapd is a Canonical project, and from what I've heard from an acquaintance who works with Canonical, they use snapd internally quite a lot. So it surprises me that these bugs have gotten no attention. Do the messages about bug reports just not get through? Is it just a Debian problem?