Re: Replacement Email Client

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 1:04:00 AM CEST, Patrick Bartek wrote:

Any suggestions?

since this is a debian user mailinglist, my answer will be slightly off topic.

but i use 'trojita' (https://trojita.flaska.net) as a pure and simple imap based email client. but it is not in the debian repositories.

it does only one thing: handling email of one single imap account, but it does it well enough for me, so i stick with it. i don't like the other bloatware out there (kmail, thunderbird, claws-mail, etc.).

maybe it's worth a shot. ymmv

but, as with any software, there are also some negative aspects:
- state of development ist unclear (to me)
- as is any kind of support
- it is based on qt, so you will need rudimentary qt support
- reloading a complete mailbox with >100,000 messages results in a crash most of the time

greetings...