Re: Error making another file manager the preferred app

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 04:17:03AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

[...]

> Probably its gfx commands are expecting x11 for a gui, and buster uses
> wayland, not x11. synaptic is in that same sinking boat. Spit...

This is a guesss, I guess. Could you substantiate it?

Having looked at synaptic's dependency list, it's yer old Gtk/Gnome
stuff, which still works fine with X11.

Doing a (simulated!) install of synaptic on my box tells me that
it would kick out sysvinit and put in its place systemd (not a
big surprise talking of a gnome-ish app, although I think it'd
be possible to tweak things), but there's no hint at this Wayland
thing. X11 would be left alone.

I think you're barking up the wong tree.

Cheers
 - t