Re: PATH nfg after su

Tixy wrote:

> Thanks. Debian has su installed as part of a required package so I
> never bothered installing sudo, it just seemed to be an Ubuntu thing.

Robert Coggeshall and Cliff Spencer wrote the original subsystem
around 1980 at the Department of Computer Science at
SUNY/Buffalo. Robert Coggeshall brought sudo with him to the
University of Colorado Boulder. Between 1986 and 1993, the code
and features were substantially modified by the IT staff of the
University of Colorado Boulder Computer Science Department and
the College of Engineering and Applied Science, including Todd
C. Miller. The current version has been publicly maintained
by OpenBSD developer Todd C. Miller since 1994, and has been
distributed under an ISC-style license since 1999.

I first used Linux in 1992, 13 or 14 months after Linus started
writing it. sudo was already 12 years old.

-dsr-