Re: Stretch => Buster: obsolete packages

Jesper Dybdal <jd-debian-user@dybdal.dk> wrote:

> I use squirrelmail, and squirrelmail uses php5.

> Somehow both of those survived the upgrade from Jessie to Stretch (at
> a time when I was not aware of the potential problem), and
> squirrelmail still works fine.

> Can I expect that they will also survive the upgrade to Buster?

Expect? No. Unless you keep all the old and insecure packages and work
around possible package conflicts.

Besides: Squirrelmail is more or less dead. There is one lone sole
comitting to the code base and trying to keep it updated but I would not
trust any security on this.

My advise: Scrap Squirrelmail and migrate to Roundcube.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.