Re: wrong from field with alpine

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, davidson@freevolt.org wrote:

One thing you could try is go to config settings in alpine

Main menu >> Setup >> Config

search for the setting "Customized Headers", and set it to
something like this:

 Customized Headers   = From: Pierre Frenkiel <p.frenkiel@laposte.net>

  in .alpinerc, I have:

customized-hdrs=From: Pierre Frenkiel <p.frenkiel@laposte.net>
customized-hdrs=Reply-To: Pierre Frenkiel <p.frenkiel@laposte.net>

but in alpine config, I only see the "Reply-To" line
How do you explain that?

I speculate that the second line you list above clobbers the value set
in the previous line, so you only end up with the second value set.

In a reply to a similar question raised by Roger Price elsewhere in
the thread, David Wright suggested giving a single, comma-separated
list as value:

 [🔎] 20201021211620.GB5319@axis.corp">https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 20201021211620.GB5319@axis.corp

So you might try setting the customized-hdrs value just once, with
something like

customized-hdrs=From: Pierre Frenkiel <p.frenkiel@laposte.net>,

I didn't find how to add the From line

--
 The day will come              |  Last words, August Spies (1855--1887).
 When our silence will be       |  Hanged, by the state of Illinois,