Re: wrong from field with alpine

On Sun 18 Oct 2020 at 20:27:35 (+0200), Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

> when I send a mail with alpine, the from field becomes
> "frenkiel@laposte.net" instead of "p.frenkiel@laposte.net"
>
> An obvious consequence is that people can't reply to this mail
>
> that looks like an alpine bug. I'll then make a bug report, unless
> somebody tells me what I'm doing wrong.

How does alpine ascertain what your From: field should be constructed
from? I'm guessing that it uses loginname@domainname, and I suspect
that you login as frenkiel, not p.frenkiel.

In mutt, you can have   set from="foo@whatever.tld"   set up both
globally, and overridden for particular folders. You probably have
an equivalent configuration variable that you could set.

Cheers,
David.