Re: dhcp bridge for virtual machines using KVM

Le 23/09/2020 à 13:50, James Allsopp a écrit :

> Yes, it's a bit odd,but the reason I want to do it like this is that the
> wifi is pretty fast and the ethernet is constrained by powerline
> networking to about 50Mbps. However, I can't run a bridge over the wifi,
> so I'm trying to run all the host activity over the wifi and reserve the
> ethernet just for the vm bridge.
>
> In answer to your question;
> ❱ ip r
> default via 192.168.1.1 dev br0
> default via 192.168.1.1 dev wlan0 proto dhcp metric 600
> 172.17.0.0/16 <http://172.17.0.0/16> dev docker0 proto kernel scope link
> src 172.17.0.1 linkdown
> 192.168.1.0/24 <http://192.168.1.0/24> dev br0 proto kernel scope link
> src 192.168.1.206
> 192.168.1.0/24 <http://192.168.1.0/24> dev wlan0 proto kernel scope link
> src 192.168.1.174 metric 600
>
> Thanks
> James

You really should answer to the list email address ;)
The only problem he can see is that the vnet0 interface seems to be tied
to the bridge br0, it seems odd and it could be the cause of the problem
even if I'm not 100% sure. Try to delete the virtual network named
'host-bridge'. And where did you bind the "bridge" in the forward mode
for a virtual network? I can't find it in the libvirt documentation.