baloo_file_extr -- how to disable or remove it?

   On my KDE/stable box I have the baloo_file_extr process running hog wild. It
takes up fully 1/2 of the memory and significant amounts of CPU. I gather it's
some sub-function of Dolphin but there's no way I want this "service" running
on my computer.

   Can someone shed some light on how to disable or remove the baloo_file_extr?

--
"A policeman's job is only easy in a police state." -- Orson Welles.