Re: cron consolekit pam_ck_connector.so: no such file

Thanks Reco,

I don't know how you keep up after all these years seen you here on the debian list.

Congrats.

Beco.

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 at 11:36, Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
        Hi.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 11:19:39AM -0300, Beco wrote:
> Is this pam module deprecated?

Yes, it was removed from main archive back in 2018 - [1].

> I can't find the package that provides it on
> debian buster.

There's no package in buster that provides the PAM module or ConsoleKit
itself, see above.

> What is the correct secure approach? Should I just remove the optional
> session line from PAM config?

Strictly speaking, deinstallation of "libpam-ck-connector" (I'm assuming
it was installed on this system at some point) should have done that.
But no package is bug-free, and ConsoleKit was not the best package in
this regard.

So, removing offending lines from the PAM configuration is the best
course of action.

Reco

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/consolekit

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" -- Alan Greenspan

Creation date: pgp.mit.edu ID as of 2014-11-09

Essa mensagem é destinada exclusivamente ao seu destinatário e pode conter informações confidenciais, protegidas por sigilo profissional, direitos autorais reservados, ou cuja divulgação seja proibida por lei. O uso não autorizado de tais informações é proibido e está sujeito às penalidades cabíveis.

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee and may contain information that is confidential and protected by a professional privilege, reserved copyright, or whose disclosure is prohibited by law. Unauthorized use of such information is prohibited and subject to applicable penalties.